Learner on Road / Roadcraft Course – 2 Hour Session
Our motorcycle roadcraft course is perfect for a rider that has the basic skills and is ready to gain experience on the road.
It is also ideal for returning riders, as you will be dealing with traffic to get comfortable and confident on a motorbike.
This course is a 2 hour on road session.
Learner On Road / Roadcraft Course
Is this Course for you?
Our learner on road / roadcraft course is perfect for a rider that is past the basics in the training range and ready to get experience on the road. It is also ideal for returning riders, as you will be dealing with traffic to get comfortable and confident on a motorbike.
What to expect
- This 2-hour group training course starts off with a road ride brief covering road variables and hazards and roadcraft expectations.
- You will then cover aspects including dealing with riding through different speed zones, roundabouts, hill starts and hazards and safety; all while dealing with traffic on the road and using roadcraft techniques to keep yourself in the safest position at all times whilst riding on the road.
- Straight line braking
- Slow turns – U-turns
- Medium turns
- Posture and eye line
- Slow riding
- High- and low-density traffic
- Please note that this is NOT a Q-Ride licence course, it is purely a training course.
Throughout ride time you will:
- Gain expert skills from our highly experienced instructors.
- Prepare for your RE O licence assessment or just refresh skills.
- Have mentors supporting you and helping you enhance your riding skills.
- Pick up essential skills and eliminate bad riding habits.
Please ensure you are wearing the correct PPE:
- You must wear long pants/jeans, socks that cover your ankles and enclosed shoes (runners are fine) (NO STEEL CAP BOOTS)
- You will need a helmet, gloves & jacket – or if needed, we can provide these for you.
- Student must have current RE Leaner (REL) license as a minimum.